10/02/2005

History of Violence

Saw A History of Violence last weekend. It got 8 out of 10 stars at IMDb but I wouldn't give it that many stars.

For those of you that still want to see it go ahead, I'll try not to spoil anything, but be forewarned, there's only one surprise in the movie, and it's not a very big one, at that. After that, there's nothing left to spoil.

Here's my recap:

The movie starts off with an OK fight scene.
Then, a few mobsters come to town. They drive around in a scary black car.
Boredom quickly sets in (for the audience).
A kid gets picked on by a bully.
More boredom (at this point in the film, I noticed that the projector has three blinking lights, one red, one yellow, one green. Can you tell I was bored?)
Kid smokes pot.
A pretty intense yet unbelievable sex scene on the stairs.
More boredom (at this point I think I counted 4 ceiling fans in the theater. The one farthest from me was in deep shadows and I couldn't see it very well. Yes, non moving ceiling fans were more entertaining than this movie).
Another pretty intense fight scene.
More boredom (Jeanne 'shhh'ed' a couple and I screamed "hey hey hey" to shut up the old farts sitting next to us).
Kid fights bully. Father slaps kid (no fight scene).
The gangster boss meets the main character.
A few funny scenes take place.
Another fight.
Movie has the absolutely most unthrilling, nonsensical, anticlimactic ending I have ever seen.
Movie Ends

I always found myself waiting for the plot to appear and take the story somewhere and then, BAM, the movie ends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home