9/22/2005

Behind the scenes

We just got back from our tour 'Behind the Scenes of Mystere & O'.

We got to walk all around the set of Mystere. We went on stage, talked to the propmaster, the wardrobe director, the lighting director, the trainer, the engineer. It was pretty cool seeing how the lights work (yup we were waaaay up on the catwalks on the ceiling). Then we saw the lifts under the stage. We basically went everywhere the performergs go, including the Green Room, where they rest between shows.

For O, we didn't go behind the scenes but we did meet several of the performers and had a long Q&A session. We were lucky enough to see a few performers rehearsing as we were there. We also had all our questions answered about how they manage a show that is mostly aquatic. You just gotta see O! Yesterday, I thought that the title of O was shorthand for 'O shit, how the fuck did they do that?' Today, after our tour, I now think that the title O is short for 'O man, when the Hell can I come back here to see it again?'

We were allowed to take pictures (but with no flash photography at O since there were rehearsals underway and the flashes are distracting to the performers). I took a ton of pics and two long videos of the rehearsals. I have to use Jeanne's laptop to upload the pics. I may have to upload the videos when I get home since that's where I have the instructions on how to do that.

Tomorrow we leave Las Vegas for Sedona & the Grand Canyon (aka 'a really really big fucking hole').

Tonight, no excursions. Jeanne & I will got back to Cesear's Palace to see if Lady Luck will put out some more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home