12/10/2005

My Home

Now that things are returning to normalcy, as normal as things get for me, I thought I should let you guys see where I am living.

I know that only a scant, very scant, few of you helped me move & paint. Even those few haven't seen my furnished condo. I still have to redo the bathroom but I thought it time for me to unveil my domicile!!!

Believe it or not, even though the place is tiny, I have managed to make the best of my space!!!


My Hallway

That's what you see when you get to my doorway. That's my place! No not the door with all the Christmas shit. The one right before it. The normal door.


My Door
And this is my door. Check out the snazzy doorknob!


My Living Room


I looked far and wide for a modern couch in bright colors. I found out that modern furniture is very funky but extremely uncomfortable. I had made my mind up to purchase a different couch and as I was walking out of the showroom I saw this thing. Nice bright red, with an attached chaise! How cool is that! It is extremely comfortable!

The table has two little stools that can be rolled out for extra seats.

So, you see the two picture frames right above the couch? I used my Las Vegas winnings to buy some art I saw. What? You don't remember? Refresh your memory!


Right Above My Couch


On the Far Wall


I Love This Guy!


Meditation Corner


There's my funky multi level table. On the top is a Weeping Buddha. The world is profoundly sad, they say, and someone has to always be weeping for its sorrows, so that you can be joyful. You can rub his shoulders and he will take your worries away...

Under the Buddha is my clock. Here's a close up:
4:37

Yes, it's a clock. Each block of squares represents one digit of the time and each minute the lights change. The time showing is 4:37. Don't worry about the position of the lights, just the number of lit squares. Each minute all the lights will change but the number of lights lit in each section remain constant(except for the minute section, that one gets an extra light until 9 is reached), so the time doesn't change.



TV Room
More artwork here! Why do I have two DVD sets? The large one I bought in 1999 and the small one I bought in 2004. Talk about miniaturization. The small one is the Mac Daddy of DVD players, it's the one that cost me $40 and plays all world DVD formats! Refresh your memory.



My Hallway

This is my hallway. I was going to paint one door red and one door blue. Like the Matrix. Which would you choose, red or blue??? I got one door red, sort of. I realized that to paint a door a solid color other than white you have to give it several coats, like 4 or 5. Well, I like to be different, but I draw the line at expending too much effort for the sake of pure individuality. There are easier things to do to make you an individual. I bought white primer and now all the door shall remain white, like Gandalf.


The Computer Room

Here is my computer room. This is my old PC but now it has been turbo charged by Santa Jeanne with a 400GB hard drive! Ohh yeah!! I have an FTP server set up with lots of stuff but the guy who wanted a few files from me has decided not to test out my connection...you know who you are.
See that HUGE book right there at the desk? I will be learning all of that for Windows Server 2003. I passed my first two exams for SQL server 2000 and I now have to learn Windows Server 2003 networking & server administration!

That big piece of paper there is my Jiffy Lube receipt. I gotta put it into my checking account.

My Library

Lots of computer books. Lots of sheet music. The little red thing is the red cape of Count Fartula! Pull his finger...



The Bathroom
The toilet seat stays UP!


The Garage

As you can see, I will be regifting this Christmas.


The Kitchen
You notice the extremely unwise placement of those shelves. They are exactly at my head level. Needless to say, many a time as I have been dealing with various kitchen emergencies, I have banged my head against those shelves.


The Bedroom



The Nightstand

You'll notice that I have two alarm clocks in here. It's not that I am a heavy sleeper but the small gray clock I bought because it was an atomic clock. It synchronizes itself with the atomic clock in Nevada so you never have to set it.

Much to my dismay, I think I must've bought a malevolent clock. I was very lucky one day because the alarm clock did not wake me. That day I was awoken by my upstairs neighbor. Apparently, he was having some incredibly rough sex with his boyfriend and (I'm assuming here) it sounded like someone was really into it (pumping-wise) , things got outta hand and someone's forehead was inadvertently rammed against a headboard. The ensuing THUMP woke me. Listen, let everyone do whatever in his home, I judge no one, but I do have to thank my neighbor for doing his ramming at 5:59 AM so I wouldn't be late for work. But I digress...

So why did the alarm not go off? Who the fuck knows? I set the alarm for Eastern Standard Time but nooo it wants to be in fucking California. It is now 3 hours behind. I changed it back and then about 2 weeks later, it sneakily set itself back. Yeah, great fucking atomic clock.

I have a special atomic clock. Not only does it set itself precisely, it has an added bonus, it tells me precisely what time it isn't! What time is it you ask? Don't ask me what time it is! Ask me what time it isn't! I'll have the official answer! I have no idea what time it is now, but I do know, based on the incredibly precise oscillation of the Cesium-133 atom,what time it was then. Then, I say! Not now! I have no earthly idea what time it is now! Fucking clock...

That's why I bought the second clock. I am still running an experiment and I want to see if the atomic one will reset itself.

1 Comments:

At 9:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the good laugh on this Monday morning... I think I just left a "blogspot" on my office chair....

Mrs. O.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home