7/26/2005

Mid-Week Update

I begin this post while eating a PB sandwich while listening to Collective Soul's song 'Giving'

Adventures in Dining
As a few of you know, there have been shakes in the employment scene of my loyal readers (which currently number a whopping 9...C'mon now, let's break out of the single digits!). We had the usual farewell dinner at an unusual location compounded with a very unusual dietary ethnicity.

We went to the Design District (VERY transitional neighborhood) and ate at Sheba Ethiopian Cuisine. Apparently, in contrast to popular media opinion, the Ethiopians actually do have food. The food is actually pretty good, once you get used to using bread that has a distinctly unpleasant feel of cold rubbery skin to eat your food (the bread tasted great but I could not escape the feeling that Gollum had been skinned and served).



I get to the restaurant and open up the menu. Yeah, now that's a true Ethiopian experience...nothing on the menu!

I got the distinct feeling this was going to be a very short 'meal' of lettuce (see paragraph below).







I scrounged the table for another menu and they actually did have items on it for consumption. I was under the impression that there was going to be many items primarily composed of lettuce. Why is that? Well, Ethiopian cuisine is really popular with the dieting crowd and lettuce is the favorite item of dieters. Why is it the favorite food of dieters? It's the next best thing to nothing, of course. Why is it the next best thing to nothing?

Think of it. What's the best thing for a dieter! Lettuce? NO! Nothing! But of course dieters don't like eating nothing, so they eat the next best thing...lettuce!

But I digress...

We had a few people not show up but the ones that did present themselves had a great time and ate good food.

If I close my eyes, they'll all go away!


Uhh huh...you really think we believe you?


How did a chicken bone get in my lamb?


A picture of a picture of a picture



How do you use this defibrillator?
I need to wipe that smug smile off his face.



Bright, shiny stuff!
Can't...resist...oooohhhhhh...ahhhhh

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home